Today I want to talk about a growing discipline on educational practice that will help strengthen and improve child development: Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). It is a technique that will allow you to understand and connect much better with the little ones, as well as, improve their self-esteem, their relationships and, in general, their learning process. You can find “nlp practitioner near me” on the web.
NLP provides the necessary tools and strategies to improve the child’s development by personalizing their education, with the aim of making their learning more effective and efficient from the earliest stages.
One of these best known tools of NLP are the representational systems, which will help us to know the way in which the child receives the information from the outside as well as his learning style:
- Visual: children with a visual representational system are those who usually relate everything they learn to images. It is estimated that almost 60% of the population belongs to this group. Children with this system are very easy to absorb a lot of information and they usually remember everything they read much better. To encourage their development it is advisable to stimulate their creativity using mental maps, drawings, graphics, etc. as a way to stimulate your memory and thought.
- Auditory: characteristic of those children who think and remember in a very sequenced and structured, therefore, assimilate much better information that is transmitted orally. To promote their development and learning are highly recommended debates, readings aloud, etc.
- Kinesthetic: children with this representational system will perform a learning based mainly on physical interaction with the material. Its most characteristic sense is touch, which will make them remember much better what they experience than what they see or hear, needing to associate all the content that they are assimilating to certain sensations or body movements. The most appropriate resources to enhance their learning are role plays, experiments and any activity that can be combined with movement.
When we know the characteristic representational system of the child we will have in our possession a very valuable information that will allow us to know the way in which it will be able to realize a significant learning.
Using an appropriate language adapted to the learning system of each child becomes another fundamental task for parents and teachers, who should know the importance of using assertive language and learn to put it into practice in their daily communication with the child.
The words will build the child’s thoughts, so as a parent or teacher, you will become their role model. Watch your words, especially when you have to call attention, everything you say to the child will be stored in your mind and will influence the construction of your personality.
The NLP emphasizes the importance of emphasizing always the child’s positives and not the negatives, focus on their strengths and virtues and not their weaknesses because, if we focus our attention on their development potential, get that little by little, modify your behavior and responses and begin to manifest great results in relation to your learning process.
NLP will help us improve the child’s behavior , therefore, in the earliest stages of development, neurolinguistic programming must be linked to the game, this being the most correct pedagogical way to promote all those values that will allow you to prepare and adopt a positive attitude towards life.
Strategies and techniques in NLP
The strategies and techniques that PNL can put into practice with the smallest are very varied , in this post, I will highlight some that I consider important to know:
- Positive affirmations (assertive language): mental projections of a state (physical, mental or emotional) that we want the child to acquire. These statements should be clear and concrete, avoiding generalizations and negative feedback.
- Anchorage: this technique will allow to link a stimulus to an emotional state, in this way each time the stimulus is repeated, the linked emotional state will also be repeated. This technique will help us turn a personal change into a permanent change, as long as we use positive anchors.
- Calibration: technique that involves knowing through non-verbal language and verbal language, the internal state of the child, allowing you to know the most appropriate way to communicate with him.
To finish, I also want to tell you about an NLP technique that is little known, but that seems to be showing good results in its implementation, the Hypnopedia, a technique that will allow you to help program your child’s unconscious mind during its hours of sleep and rest, what do you think about it?